Some people are naturally organized. While most consider this a desirable trait, there are those who claim that household chaos denotes nothing less than sheer genius. The overactive, creative mind is simply too busy to focus on tidying up the environment. Unfortunately, this gift of brilliance often results in wasted time. If searching for clean underwear involves opening multiple drawers and looking under a bed or two, it’s time to make some changes. Here are five simple tips to help even a walking disaster keep clutter in check
Fool-Proof Tips for the Disorganized Genius
- Compartmentalize small items. Just as you use a tray to separate cutlery, use organizers to separate and organize small items like makeup, jewelry, craft supplies, medicines, office supplies and tools.
- Make a “lost and found” box. Whenever you don’t know exactly where to put something, place it in the box. Once a week, empty the box and find each item a permanent home. So that you’re not ruining your ambiance, decorate your box or use a hamper or large basket instead.
- Keep kids’ toys under control by offering a small incentive for placing toys back into a toy box at the end of each day. It will teach your children to be organized and make your housecleaning easier. This strategy may also work with husbands’ tools and socks.
- Manage your electrical cords. A tangled mess of computer or audio cords looks horrible and makes cleaning difficult. Use tubing, cord wraps, zip ties, or Velcro ties to keep cords tidy.
- Look for unused space. You may have more than you realize. If you have a bare wall, you can install hooks, shelves or even a metal rod for hanging clothes.
More Space Place Can Help
Modifying your home may be the perfect solution for clutter problems, especially if space is limited. To use your spare bedroom as a work area, consider installing a beautiful and practical Murphy bed. You’ll have plenty of room without forcing your guests to sleep on the couch. Some homes have spacious closets but no shelving. Our custom closet organizers can transform your closets into efficient, organized storage areas. If you’re parking your car in the yard because your garage is full of random junk, check out our garage storage systems and see how you could reduce your car wash bills. At More Space Place, we specialize in making your home more functional so that you can focus on more important things. Visit our Austin showroom to get a glimpse of your neater, simpler and more organized future.